The Guardians tried to play baseball last night in Oakland but did not play baseball well enough. Shane Bieber pitched well enough to win, and Gabriel Arias burst onto the scene with a Troutesque homer, but bad defense behind the dish and bad command from James Karinchak was too much to overcome.
Elsewhere in Guardosland, it was announced that the team will wear a patch honoring John Adams in two upcoming games this season.
- Sam Hentges continues to make good progress, according to last night’s radio broadcast.
- Sandy Alcantara did a Sandy Alcantara thing and pitched a CGSHO against the fiery Twins offense. It is their first loss. 1 hour and 57 minutes to play, according to the box score.
- Manny Machado was ejected in the first inning yesterday for arguing a pitch clock strikeout.
- The Orioles are promoting Grayson Rodriguez
- LGFT Joey Wendle was placed on the IL by the Miami Marlins.
- Miami also placed Johnny Cueto on the IL. Bicep.
- Thursday’s home opener in Minnesota has already been PPD.
- The Braves placed Max Fried on the IL with a strained hamstring.
- Some laughingstock team lost to the winless Phillies. That team? The Yankees.
- Tungsten Arm O’Doyle had another day in the sun recently, being part of a Wikipedia April Fools joke.