The WBC began last night. The first game featured Cuba and the Netherlands, but more amusingly, Wladimir Balentien!
This one was close for a while, but the Netherlands pulled away in the later innings, winning by a 4-2 final score.
- MLB players are attempting lots of stolen bases this spring.
- Statcast is taking a closer look at catchers.
- Here’s one man’s attempt at naming the top 8 past WBC moments.
- Corey Seager kept up his home run hitting ways.
- To misquote NFL legend JuJu Smith-Schuster, the Angels is the Angels:
We’re just in a silly goofy mood #PadresST pic.twitter.com/hfUzNsTazx— San Diego Padres (@Padres) March 7, 2023