Cleveland, the past four years have been nothing short of truly life-changing since I heard that Melvin Upton Jr. was being released and was thus not going to solve our outfielder shortage.
OK, maybe not. There’s still a shortage of outfielders in Cleveland, and yesterday was another transactionless day for the 2022 Guardians.
Other Teams Did Things
- The Braves gave Matt Olson $168 million.
- And Collin McHugh $10 million.
- The Yankees gave Anthony Rizzo a two-year contract.
- Even the Pirates broke the bank and gave a player 7 figures. ...
- ... and liked how it felt so they did it again. They must have gotten tired of being compared to the stingy franchise in Cleveland.
- In one way, things are sadder here than in Cincy.
- But not as sad as Dave Martinez saying he would “love” to have Cesar Hernandez be his leadoff hitter.
- Hacky-Zach could be joining Nick Wittgren in St. Louis this season
- The Phillies needed room for LGFT Brad Hand, so they DFA’d LGFT Scott Moss.
- Aaron Judge implied he has not been vaccinated, which is likely to be a big deal in Toronto and perhaps New York.
- Minor league players won a lawsuit.