Having struck out on all the other passable catcher options, the “Guards” snagged the last decent free agent catcher, one who will ensure they do a bunch more striking out in the next calendar year.
But that was far from the biggest news in baseball.
- Carlos Correa got a 13-year offer from the Giants that paid him $350 million and screamed “ACCEPT!” It was the obvious move for Correa, but I don’t love this for SF. Don’t get me wrong, I’d love if the Guardians spent $350M, but how about three $110M players instead, maybe?
- Ross Stripling signed a 2-year, $25M contract, also with the San Francisco Giants.
- Pierce Johnson got $5M from the Rockies
- LGFT RHRP JP Feyereisen was DFA’d by TBR.
- The Royals signed LHP Ryan Yarbrough.
- Esteury Ruiz appeared on a chart with Austin Hedges.