The middling Guardians and inadequate Twins split their Tuesday doubleheader. Now onto other things...
- Shane Bieber pitched a professional baseball game!!!!! 2.2 innings worth of free and easy moving, to be more specific. Sounds like he’s expected back in a week or two, to piggyback with some other Guardian.
- Roberto Perez was activated off the IL and caught the night game. He proved to be in midseason form by going 0-for-3.
- Ryan Lavarnway was DFA’d for space, and JC Mejia got to sit in the dugout as the extra doubleheader player.
- Awesome Aaron Civale was nominated by the Indians for the Roberto Clemente Award.
- Triston McKenzie has been historically fantastic.
- Seattle will be the next city (2023) to try to host an ASG as well as Cleveland.
- Ryan Braun has retired. In an alternate timeline, this was major news.
- Lots of words on Shohei. Can’t say I had time to read them (I was trying to pay attention to 10 innings of Tom Hamilton and 4 innings of Jim Rosenhaus), but maybe you will!