Amed Rosario extended his hitting streak to 10 games last night, but in all honesty, his team deserved to lose.
With men on first and second and nobody out in the seventh, Ernie Clement stepped to the plate. After Ernie worked the count to 2-0, DeMarlo Hale called for a bunt. The bunt was popped up to Andy Ibáñez (that’s a Texas Rangers player). Myles Straw then hit a ball to short and Yu Chang was doubled up wandering off of second. Justice.
But wait! That wasn’t all! With an inexperienced reliever waiting to pitch the bottom of the 9th, the Guardians had a decent shot at a walkoff win. That is until Bryan Shaw was chosen to pitch the top of the inning. The 4-3 deficit became 7-3, and the baseball gods stayed undefeated.
Remember Hale on draft day 2022 when our selection is a pick or two earlier.
- Triston McKenzie has emerged because of this one simple trick.
Around the league
- The Mets activated Francisco Lindor off the injured list. He went 0-for-4 in his August debut.
- Caleb Smith is Foreign Substance Suspension Number Two.
- Yadi Molina will be a Cardinal for an additional season.
- Oriole fans would rather see Shohei Ohtani hit than walk him intentionally.
- Clayton Kershaw is on his way back.
- Jack Flaherty is on his way... to joining most pitchers... on the injured list.