Yesterday was a bit of a mess across baseball. So if this post is a mess, that means it will accurately portray what happened, right?
First of all, if you missed our game recap last night, Cleveland’s baseball team lost again. José Ramírez provided his teammates with a 2-1 lead, but once again, Bryan Shaw was a bad Guardian of the lead — 4-2 Cardinals.
- The Mariners traded their closer, Kendall Graveman, to the team directly above them in the standings. Makes sense. Seattle’s players were pissed about it. Makes sense.
- First, Tyler Anderson was traded to the Phillies ...
- But one of the prospects failed his physical ...
- So Tyler Anderson was traded to the Mariners.
- Luis Cessa and Justin Wilson are headed from the Yankees to the Reds.
Eric Hosmer thinks there is a world in which he’d have to block a trade to Cleveland.
- Max Scherzer may be putting his no-trade clause to work.
- The Mets may not have an agreement with Kumar Rocker, after all. They have concerns with his elbow.
- Trevor Bauer continues to get paid while on leave.
- Christian Yelich tested positive for COVID.
- So did Trea Turner.
- Sandy Leon hit a baseball onto the street. It interfered with the ball’s path.