Cleveland baseball news
Sources tell 3News that the governor offered to seek $30 million to be doled out over 15 years. 3News also learned that negotiations include two five-year extensions, which could keep the team here for a total of 25 years.
But money from the state would only be a small portion of public dollars that will likely be tied to a major renovation, something the team owners, the Dolan family, is seeking.
Four Cleveland Indians trade candidates to consider as the July deadline draws near | Cleveland
Selling is certainly an option at the trade deadline, but is there really a market for Eddie Rosario and Cesar Hernandez? Probably not.
The Cubs Are Selling; Cleveland Should Go After Kyle Hendricks | Sports Illustrated
Cleveland also opt to be “buyers,” though Hendricks might be a little too pricey for their self-imposed budget constraints.
Around the league
- Arizona fans came out in droves to watch the Suns play ... at the Diamondbacks’ home stadium.
- Northern Carolina has suspended their baseball team. All of it.
- An exciting prospect for the Red Sox is debuting against New York tonight.
- Joey Gallo is reportedly on the trading block.
- Theo Epstein thinks baseball needs some rebalancing.
- You should always go full Ohtani.
- Mets pitcher Carlos Carrasco (ow, my heart) is beginning his rehab assignment.