Zack Godley, a semi-interesting pitcher who threw 3.1 innings for the Brewers earlier this year, has agreed to sign with Cleveland. Like Brad Peacock, he will start in the minor leagues.
Cleveland didn’t need a starting pitcher last night, because thunderstorms washed out their contest against Detroit. A doubleheader will be played today to make up for this fact.
- Terry Francona has thoughts on the baseballs.
Around the league
- Shohei Ohtani homered two more times.
- Kyle Schwarber also continued to homer.
- Adam Cimber and Corey Dickerson were traded to Toronto for Joe Panik and Andrew McInvale.
- LGFT Ka’ai Tom (.131/.276/.222) broke up a no-hitter in the 9th inning. Instead, German Marquez pitched a CGSHO on 92 pitches. They should come up with a name for that.
- California police are investigating Trevor Bauer “for an assault on a woman”—Bauer denies the allegations.
- Héctor Santiago has been suspended 10 games but he is appealing.
- Phil Maton’s brother got to pitch and be checked for substances.
- Jon Heyman 1, New York Yankees 0.