Eli Morgan was supposed to make his clear weather MLB debut today, but then the forecast turned awful. Now Cleveland decided they will start Jean Carlos Mejía instead. 0-for-2.
Sorry, Eli. Now you know how our first basemen feel when they check out how they did in the box score.
- But wait! Jake Bauers went 0-for-2 twice in one game yesterday, so ...Cleveland won 6-5 behind Bieber and The Ramirezes, so(ooooo) who cares.
- Terry Francona danced at a wedding.
- Fernando Tatis Jr. left San Diego’s ballgame with right oblique tightness.
- Jack Flaherty also has an oblique injury, and this one has been deemed significant.
- If you’ve been wondering how MLB’s poor hitting was viewed in 1968, Emma Baccellieri has an article for you.
- It’s time to start reaching out to other teams, or as the Indians call it, “See what extra guys San Diego currently has.”
- Francisco Lindor is hitting the ball hard, but is not hitting line drives.