The umpires working last night’s Cleveland-Kansas City game might have thought they were writing the rules of a new sport as they went along, but the standings still considered it to be a baseball game. Because of this interesting development, Cleveland is now just one game out of first place in the seriously flawed AL Central.
If you missed the wild Tuesday fun, here’s a recap. Don’t worry, Ángel Hernández missed most of the game as well.
- Here are the rosters for Cleveland’s affiliates. Logan Allen has made his second opening day roster of the year!
- Now that the minor leagues exist, the Royals have signed Alcides Escobar to a minor league contract.
- And Brian Goodwin is joining the White Sox system.
- An MRI on Jacob deGrom’s lat showed inflammation. Hopefully he gets well soon.
- Francisco Lindor’s hitting coach has finally been fired! No, not that one.
- Amir Garrett is appealing his 7-game suspension
- Philly screwed up their lineup card but won anyway.
- Clayton Kershaw lasted only an inning yesterday and called it “embarrassing” and “horrible.”