The good news: Cleveland beat Detroit last night by a 4-1 score. Aaron Civale was fantastic — so good that a leadoff homer by Cesar Hernandez was almost enough. Jordan Luplow added some much-needed insurance late.
The bad news: Zach Plesac headed to the injured list with a broken thumb that seems to largely have been self-inflicted.
The other news: Triston McKenzie will start for Cleveland tonight. Plesac’s injury means that he can be recalled without a minimum stay in Triple-A.
Terry Francona called Monday’s game “agonizingly fun.” I wonder if that’s how he’s felt the rest of this week.
- Noah Syndergaard left his rehab start after an inning but the Mets are not worried.
- Corey Kluber has right shoulder tightness and the Yankees did not say if they are worried.
- Carlos Santana hit his 10th home run.
- Joe Girardi is acting suspiciously about some kind of Bryce Harper medical situation.
- A set of really ugly hats somehow made it past quality checks but was quickly pulled offline after everybody mocked them.