Yesterday’s baseball: Off day
Today’s baseball: McKenzie vs. TBD
Cleveland baseball news
As the title suggests: Is today the day we see Owen Miller? According to @IndiansPro on Twitter, Cleveland is expected to make the call today and demote an arm. This was from Tuesday, so maybe something has changed, but Miller has continued to crush Triple-A pitching so I remain optimistic.
Look for the #Indians to add Owen Miller to the roster after the Angels series is completed & demote an arm to Triple-A Columbus.— Indians Prospective (@indiansPro) May 18, 2021
All Eyes on Owen Miller; Is He Ready To Help the Indians Offense | Cleveland Baseball Insider
Is Owen Miller the second coming of Babe Ruth? Probably not, but here’s a look at what he could be when he gets the call to the majors.
It’s (Owen) Miller time: Three moves for the Cleveland Indians to energize their roster | Sandusky Register
Joe Naga has some interesting ideas for how to get Cleveland’s offense back on track. The first, of course, is to promote Owen Miller; he also suggests using Nick Sandlin as an opener for Sam Hentges.
Around the league
- Albert Pujols hit his first home run as a Dodger.
- Jacob deGrom is terrorizing Low-A batters in his rehab stint.
- Yoan Moncada is very good.
- The Yankees are considering trading for Delino DeShields Jr.
- The Braves rotation is thin and getting thinner.
- A lighter baseball may be behind baseball’s increased strikeout rate. ($)
- Stephen Strasburg is back from the injured list.
- A pair of Dodgers will begin their rehab starts today.