Ben Clemens at FanGraphs analyzed 2022 payrolls yesterday. You already know where this is going. The Guardians once again have not spent much money, and as a result are hangin’ out with the lowly Pirates in the charts found herein.
Really important stuff
• Shappy isn’t treating Jays fans to food as good as the free agents he’s been signing.
• The BBWAA gave Tim Kurkjian an award.
Getting even less relevant to the Guardians
• Washington footballer Jonathan Allen is going to donate $3 million to the community.
• Football owner Stephen Ross, one of the richest Americans, claimed $2B in losses. Ok, this one is actually very relevant to the Guardians.
• Another billionaire had some stolen art but gave the art back. How nice of him.
• Pat Cummins is some kind of good at the sports. This is a cricket blog, remember?