Cleveland baseball fans itching for an official name and official #merch got some good news on Tuesday.
The most popular roller derby team is the Albany Tablewaiters. In related news, I just completely made that up, and nobody would have known to call me out on it if I hadn’t just admitted it.
Around the league
- The Angels found their newest high-risk pitching solution, inking Noah Syndergaard to pitch one year in exchange for $21 million. I feel like “There’s no such thing as a bad one-year contract” didn’t account for a team paying this much for one.
- The Blue Jays found a much longer-term one, going 7 years with former Twin Jose Berrios.
- Kevin Cash was named AL Manager of the year.
- Gabe Kapler was named NL manager of the year.
- Fenway Sports Group is trying to purchase the Pittsburgh Penguins. “Couldn’t afford” Mookie Betts tho?