• JT Realmuto agreed to terms with Philly on a five-year contract that will pay him $115.5 million. This is the highest AAV for a catcher in MLB history, and that’s good because I can’t see paying somebody who plays such a physically demanding position any more than that.
• The money to Realmuto feels right to me, but not all major leaguers are having the same success drawing money out of owners that don’t care about winning. Masahiro Tanaka, for example, seems to be finding a better market for his services exists in Japan.
• The Twins spent $10.5 million on Andrelton Simmons.
• The Jays spent $18 million on Marcus Semien.
• Tommy La Stella is headed to San Fran.
• Wilson Ramos landed in Detroit.
• Hilariously, the annual MLB Hall of Fame debate has reached its ideological peak: 0 inductions.