Against many Cleveland fans’ wishes, Leon, Freeman & DeShields played baseball on a Tuesday. [Mike] Freeman performed nicely. [Sandy] Leon hit a home run. But he joined [Delino] DeShields in playing defense that allowed the Royals back into the game. Then, the bullpen duo of [Adam] Cimber & [Cal] Quantrill won it for KC.
Baseball is stupid. Maybe it’ll be better tonight. [Danny] Duffy v[s.] [Carlos] [“Cookie”] Carrasco. 6:10 [ET] again.
• The Yankees lost again and are now just a half game in front of the Baltimore Orioles.
• The Cardinals recalled Ponce de Leon from the Alternate Land, and sent Daniel Carlson back in time to take his place.
• Justin Smoak was released by the Brewers. Prediction: He lands in San Diego, where everyone comes to realize “Wow, that Hosmer dude was extremely replaceable.”
• Hosmer needs to be replaced because he fractured his finger while bunting.
• MLB Film Room is now a thing.
• Pat O’Conner, person neither one of us has probably heard of, is retiring.
• Matt Wieters, who is apparently still playing professional baseball, had a 19-pitch AB against the Twinkies.