It certainly wasn’t pretty. But it counts as a win for a team that desperately needed one. The Tribe grabbed their 6th win of the year, 4-2 over the Reds.
Shane Bieber’s pitching was the key in this one, as his 2-run performance allowed the offense to sleepwalk into just enough runs. Those runs were hardly deserved, until Franmil Reyes stepped to the plate and finally hit his first home run of the season to give the Tribe the lead. Bieber, James Karinchak and Brad Hand made that lead stand up.
• New Top 100 prospects list
• Starting tomorrow, MLB rosters will be at 28 men, and will apparently stay at that number the rest of the season
• Tyler Mahle should have been easier to hit
• Jacob deGrom is anything but easy to hit
• Jo Adell made his MLB debut for the Angels
• ...except the Marlins finally played, and beat them
• ...but they had a very nice moment, as Melanie Newman became the first woman to broadcast an Orioles game
• Rich Hill was placed on the IL
• Yadier Molina has the Coronavirus