Here’s to more good than bad this week!
From Paul Hoynes:
Well, starting Sunday teams can sign as many of those players as they want, but they can’t pay them more than $20,000 under the March 26 agreement between owners and players.
If this sounds like the a free-for-all, well, it pretty much is. Teams always sign players after the draft who didn’t get picked. But rarely have there been this many players available.
“This is the first time everyone is going through this, so we’re not entirely sure what to expect,” said Scott Barnsby, Indians director of amateur scouting.
Around the League
- After weeks of ugliness, labor warfare is back in baseball
- Western coronavirus spike could threaten MLB regional plan
- Bill DeWitt (rich owner), MLB, and the lies we tell ourselves
- With huge TBS renewal, MLB owners could see $2 Billion annually from national tv contracts
- Judge rules letter from Rob Manfred to Yankees be unsealed