The Indians have announced that minor leaguers will get paid through the end of June.
American League Central's best arms | Cleveland Indians - The best arm on each team as chosen by the beat writers.
Cleveland Indians will pay minor leaguers through June, carry health benefits through August - cleveland.com - The Indians will continue to pay their minor leaguers $400 a week through June. They will also carry their health benefits through the end of August. The players the Indians released will have their health benefits covered through August.
Cleveland Indians will have six picks in MLB draft beginning June 10 - cleveland.com - The draft, which will be primarily a virtual affair this year, is set to take place June 10-11 and will air on ESPN, MLB Network and Indians.com. Cleveland’s picks include the No. 23 selection in the first round as well as the 36th pick as part of the competitive balance round A.
Dennis Eckersley’s no-hitter comes in the middle of a remarkable streak: On this day in Cleveland Indians history - cleveland.com - Eckersley fired the 13th no-hitter in Cleveland Indians franchise history, striking out 12 batters in a 1-0 victory against Frank Tanana and the Angels at Municipal Stadium.
The Day - Leone staying positive and hoping for a chance with Indians - News from southeastern Connecticut - Cleveland is the fifth and latest stop for Leone, a veteran right-handed reliever whose fight to earn a spot in the bullpen is temporarily on hold due to the coronavirus shutdown.
Baseball is working hard to make fans hate players and owners - cleveland.com - Every baseball labor negotiation seems to turn ugly at some point. But this during the pandemic is exactly why the sport seems to be clueless about its fan base..
Would a World Series Win Be Worth it in 2020? - Yes. Next question, please.
Around the League
- Tom Verducci sounds off on the need for both sides to settle
- First they were, then they weren’t, now they are again - J-Lo and A-Rod are reported to be putting together another offer to buy the Mets.
- The son of Andre Agassi and Steffi Graf has chosen baseball
- David Price reportedly will give each Dodger minor leaguer $1,000 to help them get through pandemic
- Boston Red Sox employees are “livid” over pay cut rates
- Craig Calcaterra provides a short history of baseball’s antitrust exemption