You’re going to sense a theme with these here links. Will there be baseball in 2020? It seems like that’s the plan.
Will that materialize? Here’s some reading material:
• “I think we will play,” one agent told FiveThirtyEight, “but there is going to be an economic war.”
• Jeff Passan agrees, and also takes a look at 19 other questions.
• I could not agree more with this tweet about TV scheduling. The demand is going to be massive, and MLB needs to take full advantage of that.
• Owners want the players to lose money too, just because they might. They must be seeing how little media backlash there has been to Dolan’s “losing money” claims and wanting to get in on that.
• MLB believes they will be able to acquire the testing needed to make baseball games a reality