Here’s to a great week!
The young slugger now has 3 home runs this spring. Sunday’s blast was an opposite field shot.
Look for him to get regular at-bats at the start of the year, even against RHP.
From Mandy Bell:
The Indians haven’t put a timetable on Oscar Mercado’s return from his left wrist sprain that he sustained on Thursday, but if you ask him, he believes he’ll be ready by Opening Day.
“Yeah, I think so,” Mercado said on Sunday afternoon. “I think I should be good by then. I trust my ability to recover and I trust [the training staff] in there.”
“I’ve dove for balls, caught my wrist and stuff, it’s never hurt,” Mercado said. “It’s looked ugly, but it’s never hurt. That was one where I dove and I knew it was awkward, but the pain was pretty big, so I got scared. But thankfully it was nothing. The guys in the training staff have done a great job of building a program for me to follow and hopefully speed up the recovery.”
Around the League
- Willie Calhoun has a fractured jaw after being hit-by-pitch. (Not a fun replay to watch)
- Justin Verlander exits start with sore triceps
- Barry Bonds laments pariah status in MLB: ‘A death sentence. That’s what they’ve given me’
- The Marlins rebuild is progressing slowly
- Start of Japanese baseball season postponed due to coronavirus