Let’s Go Former Tribe Coaching Staff Kevin Cash was named 2020 manager of the year yesterday. It was the obvious choice for the 2020 regular season award.
Over in the NL, half of his team getting Coronavirus couldn’t stop Don Mattingly from winning the award. One of the Miami voters chose David Ross, hah.
• Marcus Stroman was asked by a fan “How much money would it take for you to play for an old and seemingly racist alcoholic?” and he answered “No amount of money honestly. Peace of mind is always priority.” So he’s not going to be a White Sock.
• New Mets owner Steve Cohen is going to be disappointed if he doesn’t win a World Series in 3-5 years. Guess you have to trade your entire A and AA teams to Cleveland for Lindor then, dude.
• One player alleges that bullpen mounds are dangerous.
• The Giants signed a free agent! Infielder Jason Vosler! Yeah, IDK. This is what MLB offseasons look like nowadays.
• Alex Cora was “introduced” as Red Sox manager.
• The Angels are getting closer to finding a GM.