Roberto Pérez, César Hernández, and Zach Plesac up for Gold Gloves | Twitter
Defensive metrics are sketchier than ever in a 60-game season, but Roberto Pérez was stellar (third in defensive runs saved among catchers), and Zach Plesac’s athleticism on the mound transcends numbers. Hernández may not have the star power that the Gold Glove normally — unfortunately — requires, but he was quietly one of the league’s better defensive second basemen this season.
Cleveland Indians’ Shane Bieber, Carlos Carrasco win Players Choice Awards | Cleveland
The American League’s Outstanding Pitcher is the next of many awards coming Shane Bieber’s way after his incredible season. Carrasco received the American League Comeback Player of the Year Award, which he also won last year.
Offseason Outlook: Cleveland Indians | MLB Trade Rumors
To sum it up: Bleak. There’s going to be a lot of trimming of the roster this offseason and probably not much addition. It’s difficult to know what the Indians will actually do until we see the return for Francisco Lindor, but MLB Trade Rumors has a nice rundown of it, including their projected arbitration numbers.
Around the league
- Jeff Lunhow’s Astros drama isn’t over yet ($).
- The DH will be AL-only again in 2021.
- Yadier Molina, owner of one DRS in 2020, thinks MLB in conspiring against his quest for his 10th Gold Glove.
- Inside former Tribe prospect Justus Sheffield’s excellent 2020 campaign.
- October is all for the Mookie.