Happy Friday, everyone!
This rule, based on last year’s numbers, will probably have a bigger impact on the Indians than a lot of other teams.
I’m not a fan of intentionally throwing at players. Truly I am not. I’m also not a fan of teams cheating via trash cans, monitors, and possible buzzers. Kind of a crappy situation all around.
Around the league
- Speaking of buzzers, MLB says that they didn’t find any evidence of wearable devices used by the Astros. You can decide how thorough you feel MLB’s investigation was and whether or not to take Manfred at his word.
- The other cheating team, the 2018 Boston Red Sox, do not have a tainted title according to Xander Bogaerts.
- The Astros were able to make non-baseball ruining news by agreeing to a 1-year/$21 million deal with George Springer.
- In the most Mets story of the day, Carlos Beltran is out as manager before he even managed a game.
- Here’s a roundup of player reactions to the Astros being cheaters.
- In some positive, non-scandal news, Alyssa Nakken becomes the first female coach on a major league team in history as an assistant under Giants’ manager Gabe Kepler.