Happy Sunday, everyone!
Indians 3, Twins 5
This was not the baseball.
On the one hand, yes, go Cookie. On the other hand, I hope that Tito isn’t putting all his hopes on a pitcher who was diagnosed with leukemia in May. Anything Carrasco contributes at this point is a miracle given the challenges that he has faced up to this point.
Yeah that was a weird one. But he seemed to take it in stride and apologized to his teammates and Tito. He also hit two doubles later in the game, so that probably helped a bit.
Around the league
- Mike Trout didn’t start on Saturday night due to discomfort in his right toe. He later pinch hit, was intentionally walked, and then pinch ran for.
- Chris Duncan, former outfielder for the Cardinals, passed away at age 38.
- Jed Lowrie was activated from the injured list for the first time this season.
- MLB may implement random opioid testing for players following the death of Tyler Skaggs.
- Ryu has been struggling as of late, so the Dodgers are going to give him some extra rest and skip a start.
- Aaron Barrett had an emotional return to the mound since not pitching in the majors since August of 2015.
- Nick Goody isn’t the only one fighting water coolers recently:
Roberts said he heard about Kershaw’s dugout tantrum, kicking the mini-cooler after being removed from Friday night’s start. “His foot’s fine. Cooler is on the IL.”— Ken Gurnick (@kengurnick) September 7, 2019