Happy Tuesday, everyone!
Indians 11, White Sox 3
In a game that took seemingly forever, the Tribe kept pace with the Twins thanks to a rout of the Chicago White Sox.
Kip is dealing with tendinitis, which means he could be back in the lineup this week.
The lefty masher returns.
Have we mentioned that Carlos Carrasco is a fantastic human being?
I’m launching Punchout Cancer with Cookie. I want to remind families that there is always hope. As I return to the mound, I am pledging $200 for every strikeout in September to childhood cancer research. Join me at the link in my bio https://t.co/z9vJfImAUa pic.twitter.com/g2nQTv6U5R— Carlos Carrasco (@Cookie_Carrasco) September 2, 2019
Around the league
- Joc Pederson had a nasty run in with the right field wall on Monday night.
- Bobby Cox is back at SunTrust Park after suffering a stroke five months ago.
- Chace Numata, a minor league catcher for the Tigers, passed away from injuries sustained in a skateboarding accident.
- The Yankees were finally shut out.
- Julio Urias hopes to move forward after his 20-game suspension for violating the MLB Joint Domestic Violence, Sexual Assault and Child Abuse Policy.
- Adam Eaton left Monday’s game early due to knee tightness.
- The top pitcher in MLB, based on bWAR, is Mike Minor.
- I’m guessing the baseballs are juiced:
Final AAA Home Run Totals:— Minor League Stories (@MinorsTeamNames) September 2, 2019
2018 - 3,652
2019 - 5,749
AAA games switched to MLB baseballs in 2019.