Happy Friday, everyone!
Indians 7, Tigers 0
Did you watch the Indians play the Tigers at some point this year? Then you probably saw Cleveland win (unless you watched on April 10, in which case I’m sorry for your loss).
A healthy José Ramírez would do wonders for the Tribe’s chances in October. And maybe he’s closer than we thought:
He just found the seats in right field. He's ready.— T.J. Zuppe (@TJZuppe) September 19, 2019
A brief respite from Rick Manning.
Kip’s jersey was the first one I owned and has been my (and many, many others) favorite player for years. If this is truly the end, thank you, Jason Kipnis, for all you’ve given to this team and its fans.
Around the league
- The Yankees clinched the AL East...yaaaaaaaaay.
- Domingo German is on administrative leave for violating the MLB domestic violence policy.
- Don Mattingly will be in Miami for two more seasons.
- Ronald Acuna Jr. has hit 40 home runs, which is pretty impressive for someone who isn’t even 21 years old yet.
- Two new businessmen are now part of the ownership group for the Dodgers.
- In case you needed historical context for just how bad the Tigers have been this season:
The 1998 Yankees, perhaps the best team ever, had a run differential of +309.— Buster Olney (@Buster_ESPN) September 20, 2019
The 2019 Tigers have a run differential of -306.