Happy Tuesday, everyone!
Indians 6, Angels 2
A splendid showing by the Tribe on all fronts. And with a crowd that was about a 60-40 split between Angel and Indians fans, it was a fun atmosphere at the Big A on Monday night.
Mercado is making a habit of making spectacular grabs in center field (including another one last night). His recent spectacle against the White Sox earned him Play of the Week honors.
Neither player looked particularly shaken by their recent collision, which is always a good sign.
Around the league
- David Ortiz threw out the first pitch at Fenway Park, his first appearance at the stadium since surviving an assassination attempt in June.
- Nico Hoerner debuted for the Cubs on Monday night and made history with three hits and 4 RBIs.
- Noah Syndergaard is not happy that he’s pitching to Wilson Ramos.
- Mike Tauchman has a Grade 2 calf sprain and is out for the rest of the season.
- Good job, Red Sox. Way to own up to your decision:
The #RedSox have a principal owner, a chairman, a team president and as of yesterday four people running baseball operations.— Pete Abraham (@PeteAbe) September 9, 2019
But they all left it to Alex Cora to answer questions about the firing of the president of baseball operations by himself for 22 minutes.