Jordan Luplow is the latest Cleveland Indian to hit the disabled list. After being lifted in Monday’s game, the hope was that it was precautionary, but there appears to be more to the injury than that. He was shut down Tuesday and will be replaced in Cleveland by Greg Allen.
Neither Luplow nor Allen was needed in yesterday’s game because it was PPD due to rain. The Indians and Rangers will play a doubleheader today, with Plesac pitching in the first one and a parade of relievers handling the second. This seems like a questionable decision with a rested bullpen sounding like a nice thing to have against Minnesota.
• Joe Panik has been DFA’d by the Giants
• The Twins were roughed up by Atlanta last night
• Greinke made his Houston debut and it could have gone better
• Nelson Cruz is playing really well for an old dude, and swatted 2 more homers last night
• Tim Beckham has been suspended 80 games for PEDs