Happy All-Star day, everyone!
Our champion was knocked out the first round, but Carlos Santana is #1 in our hearts. And really, that’s all that matters...but holy crap, did you see Vlad’s absolute bombs?
So is this some type of Lifetime Achievement honors for LGFT CC Sabathia? It even says he is serving as ‘fake All-Star’. Regardless, he’ll throw out the first pitch of the All-Star Game instead of the better choice, Carlos Carrasco.
An awesome contribution to the city in honor of an awesome player.
It’s a huge moment for the Cleveland representatives, especially Shane Bieber.
Carlos Carrasco is such a wonderful human. Kick cancer’s ass, Cookie.
Not a bad strategy for the young starter.
Carlos’ story is such a fantastic one. And later today, he’ll start his first All-Star Game in front of a home crowd. Welcome home, Lando.
Wanna see some magic?
Omar Vizquel is 52 and still this smooth... pic.twitter.com/P7aIjYyIpo— Kent (@RealKentMurphy) July 8, 2019
Around the league
- Pete Alonso won the Home Run Derby.
- However, Vladimir Guerrero Jr. was the true star with an insane 91 home runs.
- Justin Verlander has an idea as to why there are so many home runs nowadays.
- Justin Verlander will also start for the AL later tonight, opposite Hyun-Jin Ryu on the NL side.
- The Red Sox are interested in Zack Wheeler.
- Jonathan Lucroy has suffered a concussion and a broken nose after Jake Marisnick barreled into him at home plate. If there’s justice in the world, Marisnick should be getting a suspension for his garbage action.
- You tried, MLB. You really, really tried: