The Indians once again looked like a team that needed bats last night. Robinson Chirinos continuing his Cleveland ownage and Justin Verlander refusing to throw Tyler Naquin any low pitches was pretty much all the Astros needed in order to top the Indians’ clueless batsmen. Usually, we’d be sad about this right now, but HOLY CRAP THAT FIRST SENTENCE HAS ALREADY BEEN REMEDIED!
Per sources, the three-team deal looks like this:— Mark Feinsand (@Feinsand) July 31, 2019
Reds get Trevor Bauer (from CLE)
Padres get Taylor Trammell (from CIN)
Indians get Yasiel Puig, Scott Moss (from CIN), Franmil Reyes, Logan Allen, Victor Nova (from SD)
L O V E! IT!
You know who Puig is. If you aren’t familiar with Franmil, that photo above is him. Also!
Another thing I love
Corey Kluber will throw a sim game on Saturday at Progressive Field. If all goes well, his next step could be a minor-league rehab start.— Zack Meisel (@ZackMeisel) July 30, 2019
Less exciting things
• The Chicago Cubs acquired David Phelps
• Ervin Santana was scratched from his AAA start, which made people think something was in the works
• Fangraphs did an analysis of 40-man roster crunches
• The Braves added Chris Martin to their bullpen and paid one Kolby Allard for him
• Chih-Wei Hu really fell off the map
• Jon Heyman was right that the Indians had interest in Yasiel Puig
• The Astros are widely expected to be interested in Matthew Boyd or Zack Wheeler
Things you may have already seen on the LGT front page
• Danny Salazar will pitch for the Indians on Thursday!!