The Indians played fun baseball last night. It’s always nice beating the snot out of the Royals, but it’s even better putting up 9 runs on them and relentlessly attacking each of their four pitchers who appeared.
Meanwhile, the Indians’ bullpen pitched three 1-hit innings after watching Bauer Outage give up 11 of them. There would have been more KC hits, but Oscar Mercado played impressive defense all night.
• A-A-Ron Civale was good again in A-A-A.
• Danny Salazar is throwing 93, which is as good a report as we could have hoped for.
• The Indians added Jose Pastrano, a shortstop.
• Elvis Andrus took advantage of a poor Jon Lucroy throw and stole home while it was bouncing.
• More Ohtanis are coming!!
• The 2019 Orioles are the inverse of the 1927 Yankees. Does that make the Indians, who just lost a series to them, the Norfolk Tides?
• Logan Morrison is once again available. And once again, I have zero interest.
• #VladJr is practicing his derby swing.
• The Yankees officially signed #YoungMantle (*eyeroll*).