Happy Tuesday, everyone!
Indians 7, Blue Jays 3
When you pitch better, hit better, and field better than the opposition, the results usually turn out in your favor. That was the case on Monday night for the Indians.
If you’ve ever wanted to know what it would be like to watch a highly pixelated baseball game surrounded by the comments of angry 12-year olds, boy are you in luck!
Vlad is a special player and it’s awesome that he got to show off in front of the Cleveland crowd during the Home Run Derby. Now hopefully the Tribe pitching can shut him down for the next couple of days.
Around the league
- A private memorial was held for Tyler Skaggs.
- The White Sox have implemented extended netting from foul pole to foul pole.
- Nick Castellanos is not a fan of the center field at Comerica Park.
- Yordan Alvarez has 35 RBIs in his first 30 games, a new MLB record.
- Addison Russell admits he has to do better on the field. No word on if he plans to be better about not committing domestic violence in the future, though.
- Keone Kela has been suspended for two games for violating something in his contract.
- Since this is coming from Nightengale, assume that Mike Trout is getting traded to the Padres or something equally absurd:
The word on the street among GMs and executives talking about the trade deadline: "Eerily quiet.'' The reasoning: The price tag remains exorbitant for the available players; too many teams remain in playoff contention; and fewer teams are willing to deal prized prospects.— Bob Nightengale (@BNightengale) July 22, 2019