Happy Friday, everyone!
Indians 6, Tigers 3
Despite a couple of home runs, Trevor Bauer got through 6.2 innings, fanned 10, and got a win thanks to a lively offense highlighted by José Ramírez and his tenth straight game with a hit.
Kluber got throwing in his first bullpen session since fracturing his arm in May. The Klubot is one step closer to returning to the rotation for the stretch run.
It’s got to be difficult to do your job when everyone is talking about the possibility of you being shipped off somewhere else. But Bauer’s been doing a hell of a job.
Around the league
- Aaron Boone went on a tear and got ejected.
- The Dodgers were not happy with Hector Neris.
- Stephen Strasburg took matters into his own hands and got two hits in one inning.
- Nathan Eovaldi should be back with the Red Sox soon.
- Mike Trout was back in the lineup after missing three games with a calf injury.
- The Reds just keep losing catchers.
- Some big names rumored to be traded in the next couple of weeks.
- People are cool sometimes: