Happy Tuesday, everyone!
Indians 8, Tigers 6
The home runs were flying at Progressive Field, but the Indians came out on top after a shaky outing by Adam Plutko.
There was a bit of a rain delay in last night’s game. Don’t be surprised if there are more in the rest of the games this week.
Around the league
- Martin Maldonado is headed to Chicago after the Cubs acquired him from the Royals. The Royals received Mike Montgomery.
- Mike Trout has a calf strain.
- Luis Severino would be okay pitching out of the bullpen.
- Chris Taylor is on the 10-day IL with a broken forearm.
- Travis d’Arnaud had a historic night against the Yankees.
- Phillies fans were not happy on Monday night:
The Phillies were booed off the field in the 4th inning after giving up 6 runs and not realizing there were 3 outs. That was brutal.— Jorge Castillo (@jorgecastillo) July 16, 2019