Happy Sunday, everyone!
Indians 2, Twins 6
Max Kepler struck again...twice. And despite Bobby B’s mammoth blast, the Indians fell short for the second night in a row.
This headline initially enraged me coming from the same organization that used to employ Grady Sizemore. But after further reading, it seems perfectly reasonable.
Trevor Bauer seems to be taking his recent struggles against Kepler well:
It’s not about how you start, it’s about how you finish. I think. Maybe. pic.twitter.com/Y94Ni2cpDp— Trevor Bauer (@BauerOutage) July 14, 2019
Around the league
- Bob Gibson has announced that he is battling pancreatic cancer.
- Max Scherzer is on the IL with a back strain.
- The Red Sox have acquired Andrew Cashner.
- The no-hitter ball from Friday night’s Angels game has been placed in Tyler Skaggs’ locker.
- Ken Giles has nerve inflammation in his elbow, potentially due to a massage he received over the All-Star break.
- Bitmoji man with the hot take that immediately gets ratioed:
Wow, another Bellinger bomb. Trout has competition for baseball’s best player.— Jon Heyman (@JonHeyman) July 14, 2019