Happy Friday everyone!
The city of Cleveland is with you the whole way, Carlos. Go and kick cancer’s ass.
We all wish Carlos the speediest of recoveries, but baseball should be a low priority for him right now. And I’m positive there’s no one who wants to see Cookie back out on the mound more than Cookie himself.
The stretch run looks to be a big one for Bieber and the Indians.
A fully operational Danny Salazar may be a pipe dream at this point, but what a dream it is.
Around the league
- Alex Bregman left Thursday’s game after taking a ground ball to the chin. He needed four stitches.
- Jake Marisnick was suspended for two games after barreling into Jonathan Lucroy and giving him a concussion.
- David Ortiz suffered some complications after sustaining a gunshot wound and has now had his third surgery.
- Shelby Miller has a minor league deal with the Brewers.
- Need some evidence to show your friends to convince them that we need robot umps? Here you go: