I will have actual analysis for you tomorrow morning
For now, let’s just keep it simple:
- José Ramírez went 2-2 — both doubles, one from each side of the plate — and added a couple of walks.
- The Kipnissance (credit to Chris Davies, but this time it’s real, dammit) was continuing even before Jason walked it off; he’d already gone 2-4 at that point. The blast to the right field seats just makes it that much sweeter.
- Bobby Bradley smacked a double with an exit velocity of 110 miles per hour, and proved that he can pew-pew with the best of them:
We can confirm that Bobby Bradley hits the ball HARD.— Cleveland Indians (@Indians) June 25, 2019
Exit velocity: 110.1 mph pic.twitter.com/FUP69q0riq
- Plutko’s line — all from before the rain delay — was exemplary. He needed only 34 pitches to navigate four innings, and the only hit (and run) he allowed was a home run by Whit Merrifield. He also struck out three.
- The Indians’ bullpen deserves a shoutout for sitting through a two-and-a-half hour rain delay, then pitching six innings of five hit, one run baseball.
That’s all that my energy will allow me to put together for now, so: