The Indians won yesterday, but the best news was that Mike Clevinger is coming along way ahead of schedule in his return from injury.
Throwing baseballs from 60 feet is a massive step from somebody who wasn’t allowed to “pick up a baseball” until months from now.
Is there a “Oops, we didn’t mean the 60-day DL” list for when this team screws up in the other direction?
• Yu Chang is injured again.
• The Indians have opened a baseball academy in the Dominican.
• Former Indian CC Sabathia reached 3000 strikeouts last night.
• Yasiel Puig did this.
• Kyle Freeland can really run.
• Later this season, 13 games will be streamed on Youtube.
• The Reds are calling up Nick Senzel on Friday.
• Addison Russell is heading to AAA.
• This appears to be interesting, but also appears to be paywalled.
• The Brewers DFA’d Alex Wilson, who really struggled with them after not making the Indians roster out of ST.
and here’s something I heard about a couple days ago but is nice to see in writing:
With that Yonder Alonso home run, the Orioles have now given up 72 home runs this year, a major league record for March/April. The old record coming into this season was....50.— Chuck Garfien (@ChuckGarfien) April 30, 2019