Happy Tuesday, everyone!
Bauer pitching in to aid youth clubs, activities | MLB
Trevor Bauer has a great talent when it comes to striking people out. He’s using this talent to make an impact on youth clubs and organizations. Keep it up, Trevor!
Cleveland Indians’ Carlos Santana finishes behind Los Angeles Angels Mike Trout for AL Player of the Week award | Cleveland.com
Cleveland Indians starting pitchers are competing for King of the Hill honor, complete with crown | Cleveland.com
Shane Bieber has yet to win the crown, but it’s amazing to think that any of the Cleveland starters could turn in the best performance in any given week.
Around the league
- Chris Davis set a record on Monday night that he probably wishes he hadn’t.
- LGFT Edwin Encarnacion hit two dingers in one inning.
- Jon Lester left Monday’s game with hamstring tightness, and Pirates starter Jameson Taillon was struck in the head by a line drive.
- Hyun-Jin Ryu left the game on Monday night with a groin injury and may end up on the IL.
- Luis Severino is going to New York to have an MRI on his arm.
- Not many people showed up to watch the Giants on Monday night.
- If you’re a starting pitcher, you probably don’t want to face the Mariners right now:
Starting pitchers own a 10.80 ERA versus the Mariners. 18 Home Runs allowed. Silliness— Gary Hill Jr. (@GaryHillJr) April 9, 2019