Happy Sunday, everyone!
Indians 7, Blue Jays 2
Carlos Carrasco had a magnificent game and the offense looked pretty solid aside from the 13 strikeouts. But hey, baby steps.
There’s no definitive return date for Kipnis yet, but all signs point to him being close to ready. Lindor, on the other hand, may be out a bit longer depending on how his next evaluation goes this week.
Around the league
- If you think the Indians have had woes as of late, you haven’t seen the Red Sox.
- The Cubs have had some problems of their own as well.
- Speaking of misfortune for the Red Sox, Brock Holt hits the IL due to his 2-year-old son.
- The Baltimore Orioles continue to struggle with how bad Chris Davis is.
- Matt Moore is headed to the IL with a right knee sprain.
- The Cubs are out here making history:
The Cubs are the first team in the live-ball era (since 1920) to commit a catcher's interference in three consecutive games.— Stats By STATS (@StatsBySTATS) April 6, 2019