Happy Friday, everyone!
Indians 4, Blue Jays 1
Trevor Bauer walked six hitters and threw 117 pitches, but he didn’t allow a hit through 7 innings and may have thrown a no-hitter had it not been for his high pitch count. Leonys Martin (!) and Tyler Naquin (!!!) each picked up a pair of hits AND the team only struck out 7 times (!!!!!).
Jason Kipnis was at Progressive Field taking ground balls yesterday and he said everything felt good. Now he’ll head to Columbus to start a rehab assignment with the Clippers. Get well soon, Kip.
How did reacquiring Carlos Santana impact the Indians’ draft pool bonus? Find out here!
Around the league
- The Mets had a day game following a night game, but their travel was delayed by a random drug test.
- Shohei Ohtani feels he may be ready to come back this month.
- Chris Davis keeps striking out and Baltimore fans keep booing him.
- Clayton Kershaw took another step on his road to return with a rehab start in Triple-A.
- Corey Dickerson is on the IL with a strained right shoulder.
- Troy Tulowitzki is the latest member of the Yankees to hit the IL.