Francisco Lindor will not be returning on April 4. I think we all already knew that. It appears that late April is the timetable we are looking at following his regularly-scheduled setback.
“The club announced Tuesday afternoon that Lindor was officially seen by Dr. Robert Anderson in Green Bay [and he] is expected to sit down with team executives to create a firmer timetable Wednesday. However, the Tribe does not seem too concerned that the injury will be a major setback.”
So that’s good. But I think we know better than to trust anything our staff says about injuries.
• Ronald Acuna signed a team-friendly extension with the Braves.
• Zack Greinke homered twice. In the same game.
• Sweet Prince Yandy led off for the Rays last night but injured his ankle late.
• Kevin Pillar was traded to the Giants, so somebody new will have to rob Jason Kipnis of 37 XBH this season.
• Bryce Harper returned to DC as a Phillie and homered.
• Zach McAllister will be spending some more time with the Dodgers. He pitched 5 games for their AAA club last season.
• Carl Edwards Jr. was ruled to have an illegal delivery.
• Randal Grichuk signed a long-term deal with the Jays.
Ramon Laureano did it again—know that name—RAMON LAUREANO!
RAMÓN LAUREANO IS NOT OF THIS UNIVERSE #RootedInOakland pic.twitter.com/M4DijfHIVl— Ramón Laureano’s Arm (@Athletics) April 3, 2019