Happy Tuesday, everyone!
Mike Clevinger may be sidelined from pitching, but that’s not stopping him from bringing joy and happiness to the lives of others. Good on ya, Mike.
Around the league
- Bryce Harper was tossed for the first time as a member of the Phillies.
- Nick Burdi suffered an apparent arm injury on Monday night.
- Nathan Eovaldi is going to have elbow surgery later this week.
- On the other hand, Jacob deGrom got good news in the form of a clean elbow MRI.
- Kyle Freeland is headed to the IL with a blister on his finger.
- It’s about time MLB steps in and does something about intentional plunkings.
- There’s a new pitcher on the free agent market:
Earlier today, LHP Gio Gonzalez was released from his minor league contract. He will not be added to the Yankees’ 25-man roster, thus making him a free agent.— New York Yankees (@Yankees) April 22, 2019