Happy Tuesday, everyone!
Clevinger goes to prom to help kids with cancer | MLB
Mike Clevinger may be sidelined from pitching, but that’s not stopping him from bringing joy and happiness to the lives of others. Good on ya, Mike.
Around the league
- Bryce Harper was tossed for the first time as a member of the Phillies.
- Nick Burdi suffered an apparent arm injury on Monday night.
- Nathan Eovaldi is going to have elbow surgery later this week.
- On the other hand, Jacob deGrom got good news in the form of a clean elbow MRI.
- Kyle Freeland is headed to the IL with a blister on his finger.
- It’s about time MLB steps in and does something about intentional plunkings.
- There’s a new pitcher on the free agent market:
Earlier today, LHP Gio Gonzalez was released from his minor league contract. He will not be added to the Yankees’ 25-man roster, thus making him a free agent.— New York Yankees (@Yankees) April 22, 2019