Happy Tuesday, everyone!
Indians 5, White Sox 3
LGT Recap | MLB Recap | Cleveland.com Recap | Box Score
The Indians doubled their season run total in one game, Mike Clevinger set a new personal best with 12 strikeouts in a game, and Jose Ramirez got two hits. Today was a good day.
Lindor getting second opinion on injured ankle | MLB
And now we wait. Hopefully we’ll know more today:
Francona said that Lindor was seen by the doctor in Green Bay today and an update will come out tomorrow.— Mandy Bell (@MandyBell02) April 2, 2019
Cleveland Indians: Frustration to fun, how about that for an opener? -- Terry Pluto | Cleveland.com
Temperatures may have been in the 30s at game time, but the Tribe bats were warm enough to make the home opener special for all in attendance (the White Sox bullpen also helped).
Indians unveil third straight Central Division pennant at home opener | Cleveland.com
Let’s go for a fourth, shall we?
Around the league
- Miguel Andujar has a labrum tear in his right shoulder, which may take him out for the season.
- David Hess was pulled with a no-hitter intact. The Orioles bullpen was not able to keep the no-hitter intact.
- The Reds top pitching prospect Hunter Greene is going to have Tommy John surgery.
- Daniel Murphy is on the IL with a fractured left finger.
- Paul Dolan wants to clarify his recent comments:
"We desperately want to keep him. He is the face of our franchise."@Indians owner Paul Dolan addresses his comments about Francisco Lindor's future with the team. #RallyTogether pic.twitter.com/pOfQZqVvJu— SportsTime Ohio (@SportsTimeOhio) April 1, 2019