The Indians are wrong every time they say anything about injuries, so I’ll let this already-existing LGT post about Mike Clevinger speak for itself. Hopefully he’s spending 10 days in the International League or state of Illinois and not going on the “Injured List” because we know what happens next.
Tom Hamilton already speculated on the radio that we’re looking at a 3-4 month injury, or perhaps a season-ending one, so hopefully that isn’t the case. He compared it to an injury Noah Syndergaard suffered years ago.
Anyways, here’s some directions the Indians could go. I would prefer they sign Dallas Keuchel and then deal him away in 3-way trade later in the summer for other needs, but if they go the cheaper route, calling up Jefry Rodriguez and using him after an opener appeals to me.
• By beating the Tigers yesterday, the Indians are in first place even though the Twins beat NY (not the Yankees, obviously—they never do that)
• Luis Severino is injured too
• We Have The Suspension News
• A Blue Jay named Lourdes stole home off Chris Sale
• Marcell Ozuna did this
Y-Based LGFT Updates
• Yandy Diaz, 0-for-3 with a walk, .946 OPS
• Yonder Alonso, 0-for-3 with a walk, .600 OPS
• Yan Gomes, 2-for-5 with 2-run homer off Aaron Nola, .846 OPS
Ramon Laureano (AKA “This A’s OF”) Update