Happy Sunday, everyone!
Indians 2, Twins 1
Trevor Bauer and his new changeup looked to be in mid-season form, the offense was spearheaded by Hanley Ramirez and Greg Allen, and the bullpen held a close game together to get the Tribe their first victory of 2019.
It’ll be a bit longer before we see
Waluigi Bradley Zimmer patrolling the outfield for Cleveland. In other injury news, Adam Plutko strained his right forearm and Francisco Lindor is headed to the doctor on Monday.
“The challenge is – and they’ve had some experience with Michael Brantley – is it doesn’t hurt that much. But if you re-injure it, it can really set you back.” Oh great.
My money is on a giant guitar because nothing says Cleveland like a giant guitar.
Around the league
- Bryce Harper launched his first home run as a member of the Phillies and boy was it a blast.
- Yu Darvish had a rough start, his first one since last May.
- Daniel Murphy is headed to the IL with a broken finger.
- Christian Yelich has played 3 games and has hit 3 home runs. That’s quality math.
- Troy Tulowitzki hit his first home run since July of 2017.
- Another reminder that minor leaguers need better compensation:
This is the worst week of the year for minor league players.— Rafa Nieves (@mlb_agent) March 30, 2019
They’re assigned to their affiliates and must find housing where they need to come up with first month, security deposit and other things while they haven’t gotten a single paycheck since September, 2018.