Happy Friday, everyone!
Indians 0, Twins 2
Corey Kluber shut down the Minnesota lineup, but Jose Berrios did the same to the Cleveland hitters. Ultimately, the Twins won the battle of attrition and served the Indians their first loss of 2019. The Cleveland lineup was gross, as evidenced by the 13 strikeouts.
Tyler Naquin was removed from yesterday’s game before he had a chance to strike out for a fourth time. Jake Bauers had a fantastic defensive play in left field, but he also didn’t do anything offensively. If these two are going to be in the lineup regularly, they’ll need to find a way to produce at the plate.
Speaking of Jake Bauers, if you missed his sliding grab in left field, you can find it here!
Around the league
- The Dodgers set a new MLB record yesterday with 8 home runs on Opening Day.
- Elvis Andrus impressed the kids with his walk-up music and the adults with three hits in his first three at-bats of the season.
- Mike Trout had Angel fans worried when he suffered a leg cramp taking second base.
- Lorenzo Cain has an early highlight reel play by robbing a home run to end the game against the Cardinals.
- Bryce Harper is already being booed in Philadelphia.
- Chris Sale’s first start post-contract extension was not a good one.
- Jacob deGrom was setting MLB records on Thursday as well: