Carlos Santana continued his hot hitting on Tuesday, but it wasn’t enough as the Indians lost their exhibition finale 5-4 to the Texas Rangers. Santana was retired in his final spring plate appearance to drop his spring average from .400 to .397. This is all irrelevant, of course, but .400 would have still been pretty awesome.
Mike Clevinger gave up 4 runs, but two of them were unearned due to a wide Brad Miller throw. His velocity is rising.
Max Moroff added two hits and opening day roster members Olson, Edwards and Hand each threw scoreless innings. So that’s good.
There was also a squirrel and the bullpen catcher got to actually catch. So that’s cool.
• Jacob deGrom signed a long-term extension with the Mets. Kenneth Rosenthal may have used the Mets’ strange rationale as an opportunity to subtweet the Dolans.
• Kyle Hendricks also signed an extension. Sports agent westbrook would have also recommended that Hendricks accept this deal.
• SFG executive Larry Baer has been suspended.
• Francisco Mejia and Fernando Tatis Jr. are on the Padres’ opening day roster. Sorry, Jon, Corey Kluber is not.
• Nobody claimed Sandy Leon on waivers.
• Steven Souza is very injured and very shelved.